I recently bought Dante a new car seat. He still fits in the travel system car seat, but during my research I read that it is recommended to switch to a convertible car seat after a year old.
After endless goggle searching, I decided on the Graco Slim Fit 3 in 1 Car Seat. It had great crash test ratings and is slimmer than its other competitors. The weight range is for 5-100lbs and converts from a rear-facing car seat, to front-facing, and finally a booster seat. It is a hefty little bugger. I got a workout lugging it up three flights of stairs into our apartment. Overall I have to give it 9/10.
Features I liked the most:
- LATCH system was easy to install. It is much MUCH easier to buckle your seat belt as well. Our old car seat’s system was right in the way of the seat belt buckles in the back seat.
- 4 Adjustable sitting angles.
- Neoprene cover. The cushioning and fabric is soft and comfortable. I also really like the removable padding.
- Hidden cup holders: Dante LOVES to play with these and likes to keep his sippy cup in them. The cup holders also swivel closed for more space in the backseat.
Here is what I didn’t like:
- The recline of the seat can’t be adjusted when it is latched in. You have to undo the entire car seat to adjust it.
- Rear-facing: 5-40 lbs. and top of head is 1″ below red adjuster handle
- Forward-facing (with harness): 22-65 lbs and 49″ or less
- High-back booster: 30-100 lbs. and 38-57″ and at least 4 years old
- No-rethread harness with 10 position headrest
- Adjustable base with 4 recline positions (2 for rear-facing, 2 for forward-facing)
- Steel reinforced frame
- Energy-absorbing EPS foam
- Premium push-on lower LATCH connectors (LATCH limit: child weight of 45 lbs.)
- Dual cupholders which can be rotated away to save space
- IIHS Best Bet Booster rating
- Ten-year expiration date
- Lowest harness height (with infant insert): 7″
- Highest harness height: 18”
- Tallest booster height: 18.75″
- Internal rear-facing height: 27.5” (that’s one inch below the headrest adjustment lever of 28.5” )
- Crotch buckle positions: 5″, 6.25″, 7.5″
- Seating depth (interior): 12″
- Deepest point on base: 15″
- Internal seat width: 12″
- Widest external seat width: 18.5″ (at wings, although if you use both cupholders it is wider at the armrest area)
- Widest point across armrest area: 17″ (both cupholders retracted) or 19.75″ (both cupholders extended)
- Widest point on base: 13.75” (at the middle)
- Narrowest point on base: 13.25” at back
Here’s two articles I found very helpful:
Don’t forget to comment and share! We’d love to hear from you!
Stay Resilient <3 Mika