Its that time again…The weather is now hot and you are scrambling to make a checklist of what your little one needs for summer. Coming from a fashion design and retail background I can vouch that if you don’t buy what you need before summer really hits, you will be S.O.L! Good luck finding anything you want in the size you need.
Lucky for you I have some tried and true favorites that I am dying to recommend. Let’s take the guess work and endless trial and error out of the equation. Here are my summer apparel suggestions for your baby or toddler.
Hats & Sunglasses
Sunglasses never last long in the hands of your tiny human. I have found that these sunglasses from Target have been the most resilient thus far. They have some built in flex in the arms of the sunglasses that allows for baby yanking and pulling all day long.
Mika Tip: Buy 3 pairs of sunglasses for your kiddo. God willing, one of them will last through the summer.
I also found this awesome website for unbreakable sunglasses for baby through kid sizes: REAL SHADES.
More Toddler & Baby Sunglasses
As for hats, these should follow the same UPF rating of swim apparel to protect baby skin from harmful rays. Here are my two favorite brands:
Rash Guards and UPF Bathing Suits
Sun protection is important at any age. We parents know how damaging the sun can be and want to make sure that our kids are protected. Most bathing suits and rash guards for babies and toddlers have a UPF rating. Here’s a quick article that explains what UPF is and how effective it is in protecting skin from the sun.
My favorite swim suit companies:
- Fox Rain (our brand)
- UV Skinz
- Tea Collection
Sandals – Flip Flops- Water Shoes
Its all about that toe protection! Chunky baby feet can also be a struggle when shoe hunting. Here are some options that offer the best of both worlds!
- Stride Rite (They offer wide and half sizes. Ideal for chubby feet.)
- Merrell (Best for water shoes and sandals toddler age and up.)
- Speedo (I love this water shoe.)
I love the little two piece shorts and tee sets, but you also need to stock up on those mix and match basics. Here are my recommended mix and match brands:
- Baby Gap: Infant – Toddler (Soft fabrics and quality options)
- OshKosh (Good for both -matching sets and stocking up)
- Kira Kids (100% made in the USA and super soft)
Beach & Pool Toys
These items are easy to pick up in the bargain aisles at your local department store. The sets I’m recommending are some more Eco friendly and durable options to use year after year.
- Green Toys: Oceanbound Tide Pool Set (made from 100% recycled plastic, made in the USA)
- Green Toys: Sand Play Set (recycled plastic, made in the USA)
- Plan Toys: Sand Play Set (Made from sustainable rubber wood, Non-toxic vegetable dyes)
- Lakeshore: Heavy Duty Sand Tools Set (thick plastic, large set for big families)
Happy summer vibes and warm water tides 😊